CPP20212 Certificate II in Security Operations
CPP30411 Certificate III in Security Operations
Please note: (CPP20212 Certificate II in Security Operations) is endorsed by the Queensland Office of Fair Trading as meeting the training requirements to become a licensed Security Officer (Unarmed), Security Officer (Monitoring), Security Officer (Cash-in-transit) and Bodyguard. It is relevant to anyone wishing to become an Asset Protection Officer, Security Officer, Crowd Controller or Static Guard.
Professional Caliber Security, in partnership with RAM Training Services RTO #31701, offers the highest quality training by experts in their chosen field. We run a ten day face-to-face course over two weeks which offers supportive and practical training. These courses are run fortnightly out of our office in Hendra, Brisbane.
Who Should Attend?
A certificate in security operations is helpful for those who are wanting to gain entry into the security industry, either as a complete career change or supplementary form of income. The Certificate II in Security Operations will give you the fundamentals to enter the industry at a basic level and allow you to work in basic security roles. The Certificate III will grant you the knowledge and tools you need for a competitive advantage in the industry, and give you the best chance at employment.
Why Should I Do This Course?
Security is a rapidly growing industry and employers are regularly searching for great security guards. A Certificate II in Security Operations will give you the required knowledge and practical skills to work effectively as a security officer in shopping centres, nightclubs, events, building sites, patrols and more. After Completion of the Certificate III in Security Operations, your prospective career could include Cash in Transit Work, Body Guarding, Monitoring or working in monitoring centres. Through a combination of theory and practical classes, which will include roleplays and defence techniques, you will learn to perform the responsibilities of a security guard in a lawful and ethical manner. The Certificate II & III will give you the confidence you need to excel in your new career or job pathway.
You will be trained by a team of experience and highly skilled professionals with a reputation for providing quality training outcomes. All of our instructors work in the industry to ensure that you learn the recent relevant skills necessary to be successful in the industry.
Start your career with Professional Caliber Security – the possibilities are endless!
- CPPSEC2001A Communicate effectively in the security industry
- CPPSEC2002A Follow workplace safety procedures in the security industry
- CPPSEC2003B Work effectively in the security industry
- CPPSEC2004B Respond to security risk situation
- CPPSEC2005A Work as part of a security team
- CPPSEC2006B Provide security services to clients
- HLTFA311A Apply first aid
- CPPSEC2011B Control exits to and exits from premises
- CPPSEC2012A Monitor and control individual and crowd behaviour
- CPPSEC2014A Operate basic security equipment
- CPPSEC2015A Patrol premises
- CPPSEC3013A Control persons using empty hand techniques
8 Core units
- BSBFLM303C Contribute to effective workplace relationships
- BSBWOR301A Organise personal work priorities and development
- CPPSEC3001A Maintain workplace safety in the security industry
- CPPSEC3002A Manage conflict through negotiation
- CPPSEC3003A Determine response to a security risk situation
- CPPSEC3005A Prepare and present security documentation and reports
- CPPSEC3006A Coordinate a quality security service to customers
- CPPSEC3007A Maintain security of environment
6 Elective units
- CPPSEC3018A Provide for the safety of persons at risk
- CPPSEC2018A Monitor electronic reporting facility
- CPPSEC3020A Monitor security from control room
- CPPSEC3050A Load and unload cash in transit in an unsecured environment
- CPPSEC3051A Implement cash-in-transit security procedures
- CPPSEC3052A Inspect and test cash-in-transit security equipment
To obtain your certificate in security operations you need to contact the Office of Fair Trading and submit your application with the certificates provided to you from Professional Caliber Security. The Office of Fair Trading will charge you a separate amount for your licence of approximately $475.80 per year for a multi-functional license. They will also conduct a thorough criminal history check and fingerprinting prior to the approval of your application. This process can take between 2 to 6 weeks.
Please note: Any criminal convictions recorded in the last ten years that are identified during the search will automatically result in an unsuccessful application.
If you wish to carry out armed CIT functions, you will need to complete the Security Weapons and Defensive Tactics course in addition to your certificate in security operations.
Total cost: $1,100 for six days in class over two weeks.
This package includes:
Certificate II in Security Operations – covers first aid, unarmed security and crowd control licence functions.
Certificate III in Security Operations – covers supervisor/management modules, as well as Cash in Transit (unarmed), Monitoring and Body-guarding.
Distance learning is available on request, however there are practical assessments that will require attendance on specific days. To find out more email firstname.lastname@example.org or call one of our friendly staff on 1300 307 727.
Payments can be made via credit card online or over the phone, internet banking or cash.
Please note: If participants only complete the Certificate II and not the Certificate III, the standard course fee still applies for only the Certificate II.
This course has no prerequisites. We recommend a minimum level of Grade 10 English reading and writing skills, due to the language, literacy and numeracy testing that occurs as part of the course.
Course Dates and Times
Course dates and times are available upon request.